- Superb entry level turntable
- Rega RB220 Tonearm
- New float glass Optiwhite 10mm Platter
- 24v Motor and PSU
- Rega Carbon MM Cartridge fitted
The new Rega Planar 2 was developed over the past two years alongside the recently released Planar 3, featuring the brand new and groundbreaking Rega RB220 tonearm.
A new 24v, low noise motor, acrylic laminated plinth, newly designed central bearing and so much more. Every feature of this innovative new turntable is designed to extract the maximum amount of information and detail from your vinyl collection.
Grahams recommend you partner this turntable with:
Please contact us to arrange a demonstration.
Featuring the brand new RB220 tonearm which is packed with groundbreaking new features. Incorporating new ultra low friction, Rega designed, bespoke, zero play ball bearings (Patent Pending), housed within a brand new, stiffer and lightweight bearing housing which was developed with a new automatic bias setting negating the need for the user to set bias, making it almost completely plug and play apart from simple arm balancing. The new housing also includes an integrated arm clip and uses Rega's latest custom aluminium arm tube.
Rega Carbon cartridge supplied fitted as standard.
24v synchronous motor
New 24v low noise, low vibration motor assembly and new PCB.
High gloss acrylic laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance with ergonomically positioned power switch. Two plinth finishes at launch: gloss black & gloss white
The Planar 2 has a new 11mm self securing brass bearing (Patent Pending) offering improved fit and less stress on the bearing preventing the transfer of potential energy.
New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ 10mm – Improved accuracy platter.
Other features :
- Re-designed feet - New improved foot assembly to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- Carbon cartridge - supplied as standard on all Planar 2’s for simple plug and play convenience.
- Motor cover tray - with integrated cooling.
- Optional lid / plinth protectors - supplied to prevent marks on the plinth and keep it looking its best.
- Instructions - Easy to use multi-lingual quick start guide for easy set up.