- Naim 500 series reference power amplifier
- 140W per channel output into 8 ohms
- Capable of prolonged output into 2 ohms with no discernible impact on performance
- Bridged power amplifier configuration
- Two-box topology with 500 PS power supply for optimum interference rejection
- 1,100VA toroidal transformer with 12 raw DC supplies
- 25kg brushed, black-anodised chassis with distinctive heatsink
The NAP 500 is a monumental expression of Naim amplifier technology. Its design was honed over six years of collaborative work with suppliers of specialist parts and each product takes days of dedicated assembly by Naim's most skilled technicians in Salisbury. It’s this eye for detail, alongside its remarkable power, that allows the NAP 500 to bring your music into breath-taking focus.
Since its launch, Naim have introduced two new technologies from the Statement project to the NAP 500:
- The NAP 500 now features the new NA009 transistors first introduced in Statement. In development for over a year, this key component was created in partnership with a specialist semi-conductor manufacturer to achieve the best possible sound quality.
- The 500 also includes the high power Naim Audio DR (Discrete Regulator) technology used in Statement to provide the smooth, stable power supply we know is critical for the audio electronics to make music come to life.
These two new technologies, combined with other small improvements to layout and components, mean the NAP 500 DR can produce even more of the fundamental musical pace, rhythm and timing that made the originals so popular with music lovers.
The NAP 500 delivers 140W per channel into 8 ohms and is capable of prolonged output into 2 ohms with no discernible impact to performance. Its two box configuration is classic Naim Audio, with the power supply elements completely separate for ultimate performance. Each channel of the NAP 500 includes ten stages of local Naim DR regulation for the lowest possible noise floor.
The bridged configuration allows for maximised open and closed loop speed, less intrusive protection circuitry and reduced interaction between input and output signals as the very high drive currents to the loudspeaker do not flow through the system earth. The NAP 500 also features the new output transistor, the NA009, specifically designed for the purpose through months of collaborative work with a specialist supplier. The circuit topology has been developed to maximise bandwidth and reduce distortion and power supply dependency. Also, special attention has been paid to reducing thermally-induced noise, an especially important consideration in power amplifiers.
Grahams recommend you partner the NAP 500 DR with:
- Naim NAC 552 DR 500 series pre amplifier
- Naim Fraim Equipment Stand
- Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3 Loudspeakers
- Naim ND 555 Network Music Streamer
- Naim 555 PS DR power supply
Please contact us to arrange a demonstration.
|2 x XLR (unbalanced)
|-3dB at 1.5Hz and 100kHz
|Minimum Load Impedance
|L & R, 4mm “banana” sockets
|100V, 115V, 230V; 50 or 60Hz
|Power Supply Options
|160 x 432 x 374 mm
|270 x 570 x 520 mm
|500PS, Power-Line, Burndy Cables
|Brushed and black anodised